Who We Are
Who We Are: At A Glance
- Our 1,700 dedicated, safety-focused employees support the generation, transmission and distribution of energy in Nova Scotia.
- Our fuel mix uses hydro, tidal, wind, coal, oil, biomass and natural gas to generate electricity for over 520,000 residential, commercial and industrial customers across Nova Scotia.
- Our facilities can generate more than 2,400 megawatts of electricity that is delivered across 32,000 km of transmission and distribution lines.
- Our more than $5 billion worth of generation, transmission and distribution assets produce over 10,000 gigawatt hours of electricity each year.
- We are proudly an Emera company, which means we share a strategic focus on safely delivering cleaner, affordable and reliable energy to you - our customers.
- Our employees work to meet and exceed your expectations and deliver the easy, convenient and valuable customer experience you deserve.
- We are committed to operating in a manner which is respectful and protective of the environment. Through embracing innovation and making significant changes in the way we generate and deliver electricity, we are a national leader in carbon reduction, ensuring our electricity is sustainable – both economically and environmentally – for future generations.
- We are committed to safety, health and wellness and strive to live and work injury free. We believe that all injuries are preventable and that safety of life outweighs all other considerations. Every decision - big and small - is founded in the belief that everybody goes home safe, every day.
- We are deeply invested in our communities and believe that every Nova Scotian deserves a warm home. We invest significantly in programs that remove barriers to make that a reality for our customers.
- We strive to be your trusted energy advisor on all energy products in your home and business . We can help you navigate the options available to you so you can save money and help the environment.
Grow your career with us
Our people will always be our biggest source of energy. We invest in the growth and development of our employees and see the inclusion of diversity of our team as one of our strengths.