When you’re moving, there is a lot to do! This page will help guide you through the steps to connect power at your new place and provide information on how to manage your account.
START, STOP OR MOVE
To help us schedule your work in a timely manner, please submit your request 10 or more days in advance of when you’ll need power.
What you need to get connected
For the online form – or if you call – we’ll ask for:
- Phone number
- Email address for billing (You will receive your bill by email directly to your inbox)
- New home address
- Date of move
- Names of others who will access the account
- Emergency contact
If you're a new customer
- You can help us verify your identity with either:
- 2 pieces of ID: one government and another with a photo
- Permission to check your identity through Equifax Canada
- Reference letter from your previous utility
- You may need to pay a security deposit worth up to 3 months of service
Remember: Without a good credit check or payment history, you will need to pay a security deposit.