EV Fast-Charging Network
Connecting Nova Scotia end-to-end
About the network
- Nova Scotia Power’s EV fast-charging network addresses the need for high-speed charging stations, lack of which was a primary inhibitor to Nova Scotians adopting electric vehicles. This effort is part of a larger initiative to build a coast-to-coast network of electric vehicle charging stations across Canada.
- The Level 3 fast-chargers charge an electric vehicle in as little as 30 minutes, at a cost of $3.75 per 15-minute session.
- The charging stations are manufactured by AddEnergie, a North American leader in EV charging solutions, and are connected to AddEnergie's FLO Network, Canada's largest EV charging network.
- Using the free FLO mobile app, EV drivers can easily locate the charging stations, check their availability in real time, and pay for charging sessions.
- The network enables Nova Scotia Power to study the effects of electric vehicle fast chargers on the power system.
- The Government of Nova Scotia has installed an additional 12 Level 2 chargers at the same locations. These chargers will provide a charging solution for plug-in hybrid vehicles that are unable to charge using the Level 3 chargers.