For Our Meter Readers
When meter readers can safely enter your property, it allows your power bill to be calculated based on actual household consumption rather than on an estimate.
Tips before your visit
- Assess your property for potential hazards.
- Unlock your gates and clear pathways to your meter on the day of your scheduled visit.
- If you have a dog, please make certain it is properly leashed or kept in place that won’t interfere with the meter reader.
- When in doubt, give us a shout. If you’re unsure if something could pose a threat to our meter readers, ask us. It’s always better to be prepared for an event that doesn’t happen than to be caught off guard by one that does.
- Keep a safe and clear pathway.
- Be aware of the location of your meter. What might have been free and easy access when the meter was installed could now be hazardous.
- Keep the area around your meter clean and free of debris and obstacles.
- Remove brush, plants or shrubs that may be hazardous for your meter reader.
- Remove snow and ice from the access way to your meter.