- Qualified to disconnect services at the weather head attached to buildings (applies to Electrical Services, 30 to 200amp, 120/240v, and single phase. Meter removal is for 30-200amp, 120/240v, self-contained 4 jaw meters.)
- Ability to provide a one stop service for your customers with a more simplified process.
- Opportunity to create your own comprehensive and competitive pricing with no additional service fees.
The annual fee for this program is $200. Service providers are only required to be on site to perform service disconnects and meter removal. Documents and the meter box are to remain on site for Inspector verification.
- This program must be completed every 3 years.
- Work is to be completed by the NS Power service provider only. Permits must be requested for the company you are registered with or for yourself.
- Compliance audits will be done annually. Inspector spot checks will be completed at random.
- All arc flash equipment must be purchased and brought to the chosen session for verification.
- Proof of liability insurance: $1,000,000.
- Proof of Workers Compensation Board coverage
The required equipment and PPE includes:
- Meter Removal Tool – $280
- Meter Storage Box - $40
- Arc Flash Face Shield – 8 cal Rating
- Arc Flash Gloves (Recertified every 4 months) Class 0 glove with protective cover
- Arch Flash Coveralls (Full body) – 8 cal rating
PPE can be purchase from the following locations:
Arc flash clothing can be purchased at Aucklands-Grainger, McLoughlans, Du Pont, Fastenal, Harris & Roome, Lumen, Wesco, Rexel and Wearwell Garments.
The meter removal tool and the meter storage box may be purchased from Nova Scotia Power during the training session.
2022 training session schedule:
These will be virtual, self-guided training sessions. Contractors who register for a Service Provider Certification Session will be issued a copy of the Service Provider Course and an exam. They will have 24 hours to complete the course and submit the exam to the Service Provider Program Manager at the following email address: Philip.Reade@nspower.ca
. Equipment purchased from Nova Scotia Power will be delivered to you after the training session and have passed the exam.
The courses will be held on the following dates throughout the year:
- March 15th, 17th, 22nd, 24th, 29th and 31st
- April 12th, 14th, 19th and 21st
- May 17th, 19th, 24th and 26th
- September 6th, 8th, 13th and 15th
- October 11th, 13th, 18th and 20th
- November 15th and 17th
Download the registration form: Service Provider Application Form
If you have further questions please email Philip.Reade@nspower.ca.