- Qualified to disconnect services at the weather head attached to buildings (applies to Electrical Services, 30 to 200amp, 120/240v, and single phase. Meter removal is for 30-200amp, 120/240v, self-contained 4 jaw meters.)
- Ability to provide a one stop service for your customers with a more simplified process.
- Opportunity to create your own comprehensive and competitive pricing with no additional service fees.
The annual fee for this program is $200. Service providers are only required to be on site to perform service disconnects and meter removal. Documents and the meter box are to remain on site for Inspector verification.
- This program must be completed every 3 years.
- Work is to be completed by the NS Power service provider only. Permits must be requested for the company you are registered with or for yourself.
- Compliance audits will be done annually. Inspector spot checks will be completed at random.
- All arc flash equipment must be purchased and brought to the chosen session for verification.
- Proof of liability insurance: $1,000,000.
- Proof of Workers Compensation Board coverage
The required equipment and PPE includes:
- Meter Removal Tool – $280
- Meter Storage Box - $40
- Arc Flash Face Shield – 8 cal Rating
- Arc Flash Gloves (Recertified every 6 months) Class 0 glove with protective cover
- Arch Flash Coveralls (Full body) – 8 cal rating
PPE can be purchase from the following locations:
Arc flash clothing can be purchased at Aucklands-Grainger, McLoughlans, Du Pont, Fastenal, Harris & Roome, Lumen, Wesco and Wearwell Garments.
The meter removal tool and the meter storage box may be purchased from Nova Scotia Power during the training session.
Please note: Existing certification will expire on August 31, 2019. After July 31, older certification numbers will be invalid.
Updated 2019 training session schedule:
October 16, 2019: Sydney
October 17, 2019: Stellarton
October 18, 2019: Truro
October 22, 2019: Yarmouth
October 23, 2019: Bridgewater
October 24, 2019: Kentville
October 25, 2019: Halifax
Download the registration form here.
If you have further questions please email ServiceProviderProgram@nspower.ca.