- Qualified to disconnect services at the weather head attached to buildings (applies to Electrical Services, 30 to 200amp, 120/240v, and single phase. Meter removal is for 30-200amp, 120/240v, self-contained 4 jaw meters.)
- Ability to provide a one stop service for your customers with a more simplified process.
- Opportunity to create your own comprehensive and competitive pricing with no additional service fees.
The annual fee for this program is $200. Service providers are only required to be on site to perform service disconnects and meter removal. Documents and the meter box are to remain on site for Inspector verification.
- This program must be completed every 3 years.
- Work is to be completed by the NS Power service provider only. Permits must be requested for the company you are registered with or for yourself.
- Compliance audits will be done annually. Inspector spot checks will be completed at random.
- All arc flash equipment must be purchased and brought to the chosen session for verification.
- Proof of liability insurance: $1,000,000.
- Proof of Workers Compensation Board coverage
The required equipment and PPE includes:
- Meter Removal Tool – $280
- Meter Storage Box - $40
- Arc Flash Face Shield – 8 cal Rating
- Arc Flash Gloves (Recertified every 4 months) Class 0 glove with protective cover
- Arch Flash Coveralls (Full body) – 8 cal rating
PPE can be purchase from the following locations:
Arc flash clothing can be purchased at Aucklands-Grainger, McLoughlans, Du Pont, Fastenal, Harris & Roome, Lumen, Wesco, Rexel and Wearwell Garments.
The meter removal tool and the meter storage box may be purchased from Nova Scotia Power during the training session.
2023 training session schedule:
Training will be offered virtually or in the classroom.
Virtual training will be offered to existing Service Providers that require to recertify and who has not been subject to previous suspension of their Service Provider Certificate.
In the classroom training will be required for those who are new to the Service Provider Program, previous Service Providers that did not renew in prior years, and any existing Service Provider that needs to renew but has been suspended in the last 3 years.
The courses will be held on the following dates throughout the year:
|2023 Fall Classroom Training Schedule:||2023 Fall Virtual Training Schedule:|
|September 11th – Yarmouth ||August 29th|
|September 12th – Bridgewater ||August 31st|
|September 13th – Halifax||September 5th|
|September 14th – Kentville||September 7th|
|September 18th – Truro||October 3rd|
|September 19th – Antigonish||October 5th|
|September 20th – Sydney||October 31st|
|October 17th - Sydney||November 2nd|
|October 18th – Antigonish||November 7th|
|October 19th – Truro||November 9th|
|October 23rd – Digby|| |
|October 24th – Yarmouth|| |
|October 25th – Bridgewater|| |
|October 26th - Halifax|| |
Download the registration form: Service Provider Application Form
If you have further questions please email ServiceProviderProgram@nspower.ca.