Benefits of Water Heaters
- They can be installed anywhere, produce no fumes or flames and don't require combustible fuels.
- The temperatures produced by water heaters are closely controlled. Buying and installing an electric water heater costs a lot less than an oil- or gas-fired system
- The lifespan of an electric water heater is around 10-12 years, although it can be longer. They are the most affordable option to purchase and install compared to other fuel sources like oil, natural gas, or propane.
- The average cost is between $500 and $1,000, and because they are so efficient, the average electric water heater in Nova Scotia costs about $1.30 per day.
- Electric water heaters are easy to install and have smaller space requirements than some gas and oil water heaters.
The 40-gallon size is just right for a typical family of four, while the 60-gallon model is a good choice for the needs of a larger household. Programmable timers can be installed on electric water heaters to help reduce energy usage.