Community Solar for Buildings
SOLAR ELECTRICITY FOR COMMUNITY BUILDINGS
The Province of Nova Scotia’s Solar Electricity for Community Buildings Pilot Program enables eligible community groups and organizations to generate solar photovoltaic electricity on their roofs or properties and sell it to their utility under a 20-year contract.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.novascotia.ca/solar to learn more.
Interconnection Request Process
- Fill out the Interconnection Request and Equipment Information Form, and save it to your computer.
- Attach scanned copies of:
- Manufacturer information for the protective equipment (see Section 6);
- Range of settings, including proposed, for each of protective functions (see Section 6);
- Single-line diagram (see Section 7);
- Site plan (see Section 7).
- Protective device data to control interconnection (see Section 7).
- Point-of-Contact information for Interconnection, if different than customer (see Section 7).
You can also mail completed application forms to:
Nova Scotia Power Inc.
P.O. Box 910, Halifax NS B3J 2W5
ATTN: Solar Electricity for Community Buildings
OTHER IMPORTANT RELATED DOCUMENTS FOR REVIEW:
- Interconnection Guidelines – Please ensure you read and familiarize yourself with this document prior to submitting an interconnection request
- Interconnection Agreement – NS Power will contact you when your interconnection request has been reviewed and we are ready to review your signed interconnection agreement.
Note: Interconnection Agreement is not to be included with your interconnection request form.
QUESTIONS ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Send your questions about the Solar Electricity for Community Buildings Pilot Program to SolarCommunityBuildings@novascotia.ca or visit www.novascotia.ca/solar
TECHNICAL QUESTIONS OR QUESTIONS ABOUT THE INTERCONNECT PROCESS
Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org