Make plans to be storm ready this winter
WINTER IS HERE
In Nova Scotia, we all know that means storms are on their way. And while, we work throughout the year to prepare and harden our system against power outages, they do happen.
Here are a few things to keep in mind before a potential outage:
- Make sure we have your most up-to-date information so that if you report a power outage, we can efficiently process it.
- Let us know if you or someone you know should be part of our Critical Customer Communication Program - a program designed for customers whose health is directly dependent on electricity, such as those requiring oxygen machines or dialysis.
- Have an emergency kit with flashlights, a battery-operated radio and fresh water.
- If you have a generator, make sure it is properly installed and review how to safely use it
During an outage:
- Report your outage to us.
- Keep up to date on estimated restoration times using the Outage Map or Outage Line listed below. Our crews are working safely and quickly to restore your power.
- Turn off and unplug electrical equipment to protect against electrical surges when power is restored.
- Report all downed cables and wires to us immediately. Keep a safe distance and consider all wires to be energized.
Outage line (Report outages/downed wires): 1-877-428-6004
Outage map: outagemap.nspower.ca
Follow us on social media for photos and updates during storms.
Share This Post: