WINTER IS HERE
In Nova Scotia, we all know that means nasty storms are on their way.
Here are a few things to keep in mind before a potential outage:
- Make sure we have your most up-to-date information so that if you report a power outage, we can efficiently process it.
- Let us know if you or someone you know should be part of our Critical Customer Communication Program - a program designed for customers whose health is directly dependent on electricity, such as those requiring oxygen machines or dialysis.
- Have an emergency kit with flashlights, a battery-operated radio and fresh water.
- If you have a generator, make sure it is properly installed and review how to safely use it
During an outage:
- Report your outage to us.
- Keep up to date on estimated restoration times using the Outage Map or Outage Line listed below. Our crews are working safely and quickly to restore your power.
- Turn off and unplug electrical equipment to protect against electrical surges when power is restored.
- Report all downed cables and wires to us immediately. Keep a safe distance and consider all wires to be energized.
Outage line (Report outages/downed wires): 1-877-428-6004
Outage map: outagemap.nspower.ca
Follow us on social media for photos and updates during storms.
Share This Post: