We've put together some information that we think is useful for students before and during the school year, such as how to set up and manage your power connection, energy savings tips and how to get in touch with us.
Feel free to have a look around.
Hook up or disconnect your power connection easily online. Here are a few tips to help you set up your account:
- Don't delay! It's best to provide us with notice of 7-10 business days from when you would like your power on.
- There is a connection fee of $27.00 plus tax. This will appear on your first power bill.
- When setting up an account for the first time you have three options to secure your account:
1. Credit Check OR
2. Letter of reference from a former electricity provider OR
3. Security deposit (billed upon connection). The deposit will be returned with interest after a two year period if you have an excellent payment history, or it will be applied to the final bill if disconnected sooner. The rate of interest earned is set at the beginning of each year.
- If you are moving into an apartment, please leave a clear path to the electric meter when you unpack.
- A final note: before we can connect your power, the main switch must be turned off for safety reasons.
For questions about this process, please call our customer service line at 1-800-428-6230.
Go paperless and receive your bill online. By registering for our e-bill service you can view your bills, payment and usage history and receive email alerts when your bill is ready. Sign up today to reduce your paper intake.
You can also register for automatic payment and never forget about a bill again!
You have the ability to update your address, phone number and more online.
We know our greatest source of energy is our people. And we're always looking for more. We offer a range of employment opportunities for solution minded and forward thinking people.
Did you know that by replacing just five incandescent bulbs with CFLs in high-use areas of your home can save up to $30 a year, depending on the location and amount of time used? Our energy savings section has many more tips and information on energy savings programs.
For information on the go, you can access our mobile web site at www.nspower.ca/m. Don't have a smart phone? No problem, it's compatible with a wide range of phones and mobile devices.
It's also a handy tool for getting outage and restoration information if you can't access our online outage map.