Payments will automatically debit from your account. You maintain full control over your payment amount and timing by using one of the three e-pay payment features: single, fixed amount, or automatic withdrawal.
Payments are processed within two business days.
MyAccount customers have complete control over their payment amount and date.
You will be able to view your bill and pay it via MyAccount without multiple log-ins.
If you are not satisfied, you can cancel e-pay at any time.
How to sign up
- Login to MyAccount or create a MyAccount profile.
- Go to the Payment section of the portal, select “View & Add Payment Accounts”.
- Add your bank account information to your profile –agree to the Pre-Authorized Payment terms by clicking the check box.
- Now you have three choices: single, fixed amount, or automatic withdrawal.
Why can't I use a credit card?
Nova Scotia Power accepts ‘one-time’ Visa or MasterCard payments using EZPay. Learn more about our payment options here.
How do I change or cancel e-pay?
To cancel e-pay:
- Login to MyAccount.
- Go to the Payment section of the portal, select “View & Add Payment Accounts”
- Edit your bank account information, delete the bank account information or add another payment account.
What does the payment status mean?
When a recurring payment is made on e-pay it goes through a few different stages as it is processed.
- Three days before the payment is due to be withdrawn from your account the status of the payment will change to SCHEDULED.
- On the day of the withdrawal the status changes to PENDING.
- Once the payment has been processed by the bank it will change to either APPROVED or REJECTED.
Payments made toward bills outside of e-pay will be displayed in the Payment section with an APPROVED or REJECTED status.
Payment status can be monitored as it goes through different stages of processing. This can be done from the Payment section of the portal.
How can my scheduled payments be changed or canceled?
When the payment status is SCHEDULED, you can still change the payment amount or cancel the payment. To do this, go to the payment section of MyAccount.
Once the payment status is changed to PENDING, it cannot be canceled or modified. Contact Customer Care if you paid an account in error and need to make adjustments. You can reach us at 1-800-428-6230.