Payments are processed within two business days.
How to sign up
- Login to MyAccount or create a MyAccount profile.
- Go to the Payment section of the portal, select “View & Add Payment Accounts”.
- Add your bank account information to your profile –agree to the Pre-Authorized Payment terms by clicking the check box.
- You may not set up a reoccurring payment or make one-time payments.
When setting up a recurring payment if you select the default option, Automatic, the total amount of the bill will be extracted from your payment account. For equal billing customers, this would be your monthly budget amount. Automatic payments will begin with the next bill issued after your chosen start date; any current balance should be paid separately.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q - Why can't I use a credit card?
A - Nova Scotia Power accepts ‘one-time’ Visa or MasterCard payments using EZPay. Learn more about our payment options here.
Q - How do I change or cancel e-pay?
A - To cancel e-pay:
- Login to MyAccount.
- Go to the Payment section of the portal, select “View & Add Payment Accounts”
- Edit your bank account information, delete the bank account information or add another payment account.
Q - What does the payment status mean?
A - When a recurring payment is made on e-pay it goes through a few different stages as it is processed.
- An upcoming payment due to be withdrawn from your account will display as SCHEDULED.
- At the time of the withdrawal the status changes to PENDING.
- Once the payment has been processed by the bank it will change to either APPROVED or REJECTED.
Payments made toward bills outside of e-pay will be displayed in the Payment section with an APPROVED or REJECTED status.
Payment status can be monitored as it goes through different stages of processing. This can be done from the Payment section of the portal.
Q - How can my scheduled payments be changed or canceled?
A - When the payment status is SCHEDULED, you can still change the payment amount or cancel the payment. To do this, go to the payment section of MyAccount.
Once the payment status is changed to PENDING, it cannot be canceled or modified. Contact Customer Care if you paid an account in error and need to make adjustments. You can reach us at 1-800-428-6230.