Safety is a way of life for all of us at Nova Scotia Power. Whether at work or at home, we ask our employees to do things in the safest way possible. Every shift starts with “seven minutes for safety” and every meeting includes safety as a discussion topic. We also provide our employees with quarterly safety updates.
We think about your safety too. Here you’ll find out more about using electricity safely.
- Identify possible problems by planning your actions from start to finish.
- Think about possible sources of electricity – underground, overhead or anywhere else around you.
- Think about the tools and equipment you will be using that run on electricity.
- Identify potential hazards and eliminate or minimize them.
- Never assume something has been unhooked, unplugged, disconnected or de-energized. Check, and be sure.
- Make sure you have the knowledge and skills you need to complete the job. If you don’t, find someone who does.